130 Coram Lane
Milford, CT 06461
Great River Golf Club is the premier public golf facility in southwestern Connecticut. Designed by Tommy Fazio, the semi-private golf course is challenging and breathtaking. The layout rolls along the Housatonic river for over 7,200 yards from the tips with an intimidating 150 slope.
The course winds through the woods on the front nine, and then provides a links experience on the back while running along the river. The layout itself is enough of a test for most golfers. Windy conditions will call for extra creativity in shot making.
Great River provides a complete golf experience with a service oriented staff. It truly has the feel of a country club, except with a better restaurant. The modern clubhouse is five star from the entrance to the locker rooms. The course and facilities at Great River make for an ideal venue to hold golf outings, weddings, and special events.
Amenities: Pro Shop, Practice Facilities, Carts, Restaurant
Monty’s River Grille is exactly what one would expect from the restaurant at Great River Golf Club. Monty’s has a casually upscale environment catering to golfers just finishing their round, and people looking for a complete dining experience.
The cuisine is described as an “American-International menu with exciting interpretations of delicious classics as well as various dishes from around the world. ” You can enjoy happy hour at the bar, or relax on the patio overlooking the golf course. Monty’s has incredible views inside and out.
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2012
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2011
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2010
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2009
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2006
- Golf Digest – America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses 2005-2006
- Golf Digest – Top Rated Golf Courses in Connecticut 2005-2006
- Golfweek – Best Public Courses in Connecticut 2005
- Golf Magazine – Top 10 New Public Golf Courses in America 2001
View Larger Map